Surprise, surprise, Vilchis + Co have changed zip codes once more! But this time, it’s a purchase! We are excited to welcome the new year with a house we partially renovated. I always think it’s funny when we call ourselves home owners, because we are basically indebted to a loan until it is full and paid off, in which case, I’ll refer to ourselves as the aforementioned. I digress. It’s interesting to look back at a year and see how many things you start and finish, how many dreams you made reality, how many goals that were reached. It allows me to give myself grace on committing to too many activities and learning that in all of life and in every season, there will be learning.
Let’s take a look back at this year in true Aurora form and fashion, organized bullet points:
- January: Welcomed the new year with a bohemian baby shower from my family for baby girl Dallas Rain while Eric was home visiting from Texas/Mississippi (technical school with USAF).
- February: Sydney girl and I moved to a darling duplex in the De Luz hills of Temecula for a few weeks until an unfortunate run in with the landlord. Moved again into a luxury apartment (meaning that the ceilings were tall and we just paid more money, haha) in Harveston Lake in Temecula shortly thereafter that we adored! Sydney started dance class that was walking distance from said apartment. I searched and found our darling midwife in north county San Diego who would deliver Dallas.
- March: We had a lot of visits from family, girl time, Mom’s Garden Bible Study, walking, laboring and preparing for baby love to arrive! On March 19th, surrounded by my sisters, mama and Sydney girl, we welcomed Dallas Rain into the world at Babies in Bloom birth center in Vista, California. It was awesome.
- April: Eric came home after being away from home since September of 2014! It was awesome, he met Dallas, had some family time and celebrated Easter at home! Started a marriage class at our church.
- May: Celebrated Mother’s Day at our new church, Centerpoint Murrieta! Actually, I don’t remember if we celebrated there or Rancho Christian Church. Both great churches if you’re in the area. We celebrated that afternoon pool side and my brother Michael brought all of us girls flowers and Eric grilled. Later that month, celebrated Sydney’s 3rd birthday party by renting out room at apartment and celebrating princess style, of course.
- June: Sydney’s first dance recital. Nora’s 25th birthday. Vacation in San Juan Capistrano with my mama. Celebrated Father’s Day at Capo Beach Church. Stopped marriage class at church because we just watched videos the whole time, haha.
- July: A fun 4th of July celebration with Vilchis clan at a block party. Celebrated Nixon 2 years in Heaven and celebrated in Newport Beach.
- August: Our 6 month lease came to an end, made the decision to move closer to family and look into buying an investment home.
- September: Eric and I got away for a Strong Bonds (expenses paid) marriage retreat through the USAF in La Jolla, California. Later that month, we were also were able to be apart of the honoring of USAF day at the San Diego Padre game! We started looking for houses with Debbie from Century 21, got pre-approved,. Started home school co-op with two friends. Started our married Bible study small group through High Desert Church. Started Bible Study Fellowship. Started back up college course at Victor Valley College. Sydney started dance class again after a summer break at HS Dance Scene.
- October: Sold our tiny home on wheels to our midwife! Brother hosted all of us in a cabin for a weekend getaway as a family to Big Bear. Unicorn / space princess / Supergirl / Halloween with the girls at a harvest festival and a party the next day at brothers house where Eric came in as DJ, Luke cooked dinner and Michael and D, A and Nora handed out candy! Viewed one house, put an offer on said house, agreed with seller, opened escrow.
- November: Military Ball, Thanksgiving with Vilchis crew and a night at the wineries for some family time! Eric turned 26! Flew to Idaho to visit Tracy and family. Rory turns 30!
- December: Eric went skydiving (brother Michael took him and Nora, and the 3 of them went in Oceanside)! Stopped Bible Study Fellowship because Dallas cried the entire way there and back (keeping it real), finished and passed my college class! Mission Inn light festival. Surprise birthday dinner for bubba Michael. Escrow closed! Got keys. Eric got word that he is officially a permanent federal employee! Ending on a high note. God is good to us.
Farewell, 2015. Faithful You were indeed.